Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Magellan Gps Parts I Want To Create A Google Map And Upload It To My Magellan GPS. I Also Want To Distribute That Map (free)?

I want to create a Google Map and Upload it to my Magellan GPS. I also want to distribute that map (free)? - magellan gps parts

The software with the GPS device is receiving power fairly simple. It seems that only the main roads in this area. The path that I walk through the creation of a road in part of the road. National Geographic offers topographic maps, but they are expensive and not really fill the law is necessary because the roads on my map in hand.

With Google Maps (or Yahoo Maps could for that matter) to use satellite imagery to create the route, but when I load the final route from my GPS. This would be an advantage if you could go the way publishing on a website.

The GPS is a Magellan Triton 500, if there is no difference. I refuse to spend a few hundred packages to see, not to help. I have Google Earth, too, but again not in the premium service. There must be a way to build this facility without having to spend more time.

1 comments:

geog_ner... said...

Is it too late for you to return the Triton? I ask this question seriously. It is worse than the GPS receiver I've seen since I started following products five years ago. There are many horror stories on the Internet Triton.

The only way to get data on the Magellan Triton, VantagePoint card program. One thing you can do is create a route on Google Earth and save it to a KML or KMZ file, and then see if you can send VantagePoint KML / KMZ for Triton.

The Triton is more difficult than most other GPS receivers with VantagePoint, because it is the only program that will be used to do so, to send data. Magellan has refused to program or information on how to contact the Triton code has prevented them from third-party developers to its own free open source software to develop data to go Triton. It is difficult to create solutions to their own maps for Magellan eXplorist and Meridian GPS receivers, but only because GPS receivers can communicate with other programs, and in the case ofThe eXplorist will automatically appear as a removable disk on your PC. Garmin and TomTom web browser plugin developed to send the routes from Google Maps, MapQuest and their receptors. Magellan and engineering support are so poor, or does not care enough about their customers to develop, to plug-ins.

Magellan did not come with a firmware revision, but it allows Triton Highway, and provide turn by turn directions. Magellan is not a new version of its maps direct route for almost two years. So, if Magellan had even a new version of Direct Route released, you would not be able to use the cards to know how to get Triton.

Post a Comment